Hypnotherapy Foundation Course
building on belief
Hypnotherapy Foundation Course
Course Cost: £480 + £35 exam fee
The Hypnotherapy Foundation course is held over 3 weekends in the classroom where students learn the basics of inducing hypnosis safely and appropriately. Our Foundation course allows learners to practice the basics of hypnosis including inductions, deepening techniques and hypnotic phenomena under the watchful eye of the lecturers. We believe that this is the best preparation for further studies and provides learners with the basic skills needed to induce hypnosis safely and appropriately.
There is an element of continuous assessment of learners throughout the course and during the final weekend learners will undertake a multiple choice written and, practical exam. On successful completion of the Foundation course learners will be awarded the NCTH Ltd. Foundation Certificate in Therapeutic Hypnosis and will be invited to apply for Associate/Student Membership of The National Hypnotherapy Society.
The Foundation Course is now also accredited by CERTA – learners have the option to gain this additional accreditation. This involves completing portfolio based worksheets and learning diaries in addition to the multiple choice written and practical exam.
Learners are eligible to undertake the Diploma course on successful completion of the Foundation course. Students who have completed Foundation training elsewhere may also be eligible to progress onto the Diploma course through either/or:
• successful completion of our Foundation course exam
• demonstration of accredited prior learning
Learners who have studied elsewhere are welcome to telephone initially for an informal chat in order to determine their most suitable entry level.
Next Courses start Spring 2018!
Next courses start between April – June 2018
Newcastle, Leeds, York and Leicester
Dates scheduled and booking now: Newcastle starts Sat 14th April
Leeds starts May/June (Dates currently being scheduled)
- Who is this course suitable for?
- Entry qualifications
- What does the course include?
- Course content includes:
- Course duration
- How will I be assessed?
- Course Dates
- Course Cost
- To Book or Find out more
- Related courses
This course is suitable for anyone interested in hypnotherapy. We have a variety of learners – some who are looking at a completely different career change, some who are looking to utilise Hypnotherapy within their current work and some just looking for a very interesting course about a fascinating subject.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course however, learners need to complete a brief application form and must provide the names and contact details of 2 referees.
- 6 day programme (10.00am-5.00pm Saturday and Sunday) including tutoring, demonstrations & supervised practical sessions
- Qualified assessment (Approved Internal Verifier Status) and detailed feedback on all written work
- Personalised course folder containing learner handbook and all relevant course material
- Liquid refreshments throughout the course
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input
- Limited group numbers to ensure maximum benefit from tutor/s
- Access to NCTH e-learning site in order to utilise additional learning resources and networking opportunities
- What is Hypnosis
- History and origins of Hypnosis/Hypnotherapy
- Main theories of Hypnosis
- Introduction to the working model of the mind
- Benefits & effects of Hypnotherapy
- Therapist & client preparation
- Induction methods
- Deepening techniques
- Use of Suggestion
- Hypnotic phenomena
- Introduction to NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
Generally the course is scheduled over 3 alternate weekends (6 days in total), Saturday and Sunday 10.00am-5.00pm.
The course will involve assessment in both practical and theoretical areas. Written work is done via worksheets and learning diaries which can be completed on-line or through a paper based portfolio. Comprehensive feedback is offered as part of the assessment process. A practical assessment will be done on the last afternoon together with a multiple choice question paper. Our assessment process ensures learners all meet the minimum standard as required for CERTA accreditation and The National Hypnotherapy Society professional membership – which qualifies members for benefits such as cheaper insurance and advertising rates
Newcastle: Dates scheduled for Spring – 14/15th April, 28/29th April, 12/13th May 2018
Leeds: Dates scheduled for Spring 2018 – Starts May/June
York: Dates currently being scheduled for Autumn 2018
Leicester: Dates currently being scheduled for Autumn 2018
Please contact us for dates / details of courses in other areas
Course Cost: £480 + £35 exam fee – fees can be split over the duration of the course at no extra cost.
Download a copy of our Foundation prospectus here Prospectus or to book or enquire please submit the form below: